Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hot Pockets!


I bought Hot Pockets today. They were delicious. I also made up a French jingle for them, but I can't really express how it goes in words.

Broken Social Scene is coming to Paris, and I was kind of excited so I started listening to all of their songs on shuffle. Then I realized that I might now even like them that much. I think I might just like it when they sample that guy yelling "it was my town!" This was a disconcerting realization. I'm going to keep trying though, maybe I'll change back and like them again.

I'm going to Barcelona tomorrow! I've been looking at websites, and it looks like there's nothing to do except drink and eat. Which is kind of exactly all I want to do right now, anyway.

I think people are being more responsive to me in the dorm recently. Probably because I don't get a look of terror in my eyes when people speak French anymore. Another girl in my program A was telling me she had a point recently where she completely came to peace with her culture shock. I don't think that I've had a single moment, but maybe I'm easing in.

No comments: