Friday, March 7, 2008

Space Jam

Some people still aren't over the Space Jam soundtrack. Namely, the French people. "I Believe I Can Fly" is really big over here. Probably even bigger than Billie Jean.

My boss let me go two hours early today! I also finally found a cheap, warm place to eat close by. I basically have to buy lunch every day, otherwise I'm stuck in the office or outside in the cold. But $5.00 daily is a small price to pay for an hour of heat.

Installment #1 of Berlin-Prague-Vienna trip: On the plane to Berlin I was talking to a man in French. I made a stupid mistake, translating directly from English I asked what time it is but in French it's asking about the weather. So I corrected myself, and he was like, "the time's the same, but I don't know about the weather". Just to kind of stick it to me. We kept talking, he asked me if I was American, I said yes and asked him where he was from. France? No. Germany? No. Where? Ireland. We're still in French. So I switch to English. "Oh, haha, I've been speaking French this whole time." "J'ai été en France depuis six ans." Umm, what? He literally refused to speak English with me. So pompous.

1 comment:

vino said...

Hmm, I Believe I can fly is big? Poor you.

On the plus side maybe you can really figure out the lyrics to Billie Jean, which is something I never could do . . .Love, Mom