Monday, May 12, 2008

10 Things On The Internet (Even) Better Than This Blog

These are things that keep me from blogging consistently.
1. Reverse Cowgirl: Susannah Breslin's blog, there's some weird stuff going on out there!
2. Daily Kos: Smart, in-depth political coverage.
3. Indexed: Funny charts of stuff.
4. Diet Blog (esp. discussion boards!): Has really good up-to-date health information, and you can read the comments of health-crazed readers below each article. They can be kind of annoying sometimes (i.e. "I splurged on salt-free popcorn last night!") but I like it when they fight.
5. Last.fm: This website was not so good when I was in high school, but it has gotten way better in the past three years. It's kind of creepy because it takes information from your iTunes (if you allow it to), but it will create a custom radio station based on your musical likes and dislikes. Also generates custom musical recommendations, which helped me to find some great music. I'm downloading the Postmarks right now as a result.
6. Huffington Post: I've had a huge affection for Arianna Huffington since I first saw her on Real Time. So charming and ruthless at the same time! Her blog (we call it HuffPo) features many contributors covering style, living, and left-wing politics. If I have a daughter, Arianna is on the potential name list.
7. Daily Dish: Andrew Sullivan's blog, another political one, is updated constantly. I don't know how he does it. It's smart, and the news summaries are fast with more in-depth articles if you choose.
8. Sartorialist: I'm really mad that he hasn't photographed me yet despite the fact that I'm in Paris. But I love him anyway.
9. Craigslist: Not just if you're buying/selling/dating. It's really fun just to read the ads and see the stuff people are trying to sell. My favorite sections are "free to pick up", "pets", and "jewelry". Expensive jewelry descriptions often start with angry descriptions of why a relationship failed.
10. Style.com: Lots of pictures of pretty clothes! You can look at all of the clothes from every major designer's collection starting in 2004.

No comments: